Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The French are Coming!

I promise I will stop with all of the Paris/France related posts, but this news is just too exciting.  Maje and Sandro will open Soho locations in mid-October!  If you can't wait until October, Bloomingdales has already started carrying both lines.

(49 Rue Vieille du Temple)

(50 Rue Vieille du Temple)

When I was in Paris, it was slightly overwhelming trying to figure out where to shop.  Boutiques were scattered throughout unfamiliar neighborhoods and everything looked to-die-for just because I was on a vacation high.  Taking advice from Camilla, I narrowed in on a few stores.  Maje and Sandro were two of my favorites, along with the Kooples, a store that sells matching clothes for couples (weird concept, super cool and edgy clothes).   My only purchase at the time were these pants from the Kooples (which, attention petite girls, fit me perfectly without alterations), but with the opening of Maje and Sandro in New York, I can buy all of the items I continue to pine for after returning stateside.  


 (191 Rue Saint-Honoré)

1 comment:

  1. Just to let you know a french point of view: Maje, Sandro and The Kooples are really marketing genius and very good salers.
    But they are also very bad makers are their stuff are of poor quality: just search for some advices on those brands by french customers and you'll find lots or bas points.
    But of course there are very trendy look and brands, very "parisians" orientated and, as I wrote, they do know how to style and outfit.
    I used ti buy some clothes from Sandro and Maje some..10 years ago (child range mind you due to my height and frame) and yes the quality of the fabric was indeed quite different. Never had issues with the clothes. I bought one last year (for a a good price I can tell you!) and first hand wash (yes hand wash, we french do still do some hand wash amazing!!!) it shrinks and there happened some ripped parts.
    I just worn this outfit once!
    So I would just warn you about those very trendy brands very parisians (or rather the idea of typical parisian girl ahem!) and what could happen.
    Honestly do not wait too much.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...