Monday, January 28, 2013

A Startup Guide to Valentine's Day

My dearest Professionelles, I haven't forgotten about you. I've just been insanely busy with my startup lingerie company, Ampere (think Warby Parker for luxury lingerie). We opened for business shortly after Thanksgiving and things have been non-stop ever since. 

After over a year in startup land, I've come across so many amazing companies with amazing products. I figured the best way to connect what I've been up to with you, my loyal readers, is to put together a little gift guide for Valentine's day featuring the best startup offerings. After all, why make an already commercialized holiday even less personal by buying generic gifts? 

Pour Toi (or as a not so subtle hint):

1) Lingerie is a given on Valentine's day and of course Ampere is on the top of my list (shameless, I know) but I really do love our pieces and they make the perfect gift whether someone else buys it for you or you buy it for yourself. Our lingerie is made with luxurious lace and 100% silk lining. We send you a free matching panty with every bra order and three sizes to try on in the comfort of your own home. Free shipping and free returns makes Ampere an easy choice. 





2) I'm not sure how you'd go about hinting at that beautiful designer dress you saw on Vaunte but sign yourself up for what's being billed as the Barneys of recommerce and I can guarantee you'll be giving yourself plenty of presents, Valentine's day or not.






3) Every girl loves jewelry, especially on Valentine's Day. I still believe that you can never go wrong with a little blue box, but why not try something a bit more avant garde this year? Some of the best jewelry I've come across has been from Of a Kind, a site that features limited edition pieces by emerging designers. Once it's sold out, it's gone, so what are you waiting for?


Pour Ton Hommes:

1) There's nothing sexier than a man in a bow tie, a leather bow tie to be exact. I absolutely love this soft, lambskin bow tie by Stitch Collective - a vertically integrated luxury accessories line.


2) Booze is the perfect gift for your man. Check out Caskers which gives you access to unique, small-batch spirits. I personally know nothing about spirits but almost every man I know seems to love them. Why not employ some experts to lend you a hand?


3) I love dapper men, and accessories make all of the difference. hook + ALBERT brings you unique men's accessories like my personal favorite, the lapel flower.

Pour Your Love Life:

If ever there was a holiday designed to make single women feel bad about themselves, Valentine's Day is it. Cheer up and remember that half of your married friends will be divorced in a few years and despite Hallmark's best intentions, this day is supposed to be about love. 

Finding love is way harder than finding just any ol' man (or woman) but infinitely more fulfilling. Why not take a chance this Valentine's Day and check out startup dating site Coffee Meets Bagel? I find the name absolutely adorable and my friends who've used it seem to love it. Pun intended. You get one match per day on the free site and if both of you are interested the site makes an introduction. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...