Friday, March 29, 2013

Love Something? Buy It!

I always do this and I always promise myself that I'll never do it again. In an effort to cut back on impulse shopping (because, as I explain here, I'm poor these days), I try to refrain from buying clothes and accessories, even if I find something I absolutely LOVE. I saw these shoes at a local DSW about a month ago and walked away. There was still an inch of mushy slushy blackish colored "snow" on the ground and who knows, I thought, maybe I won't like them come summer.

Last week when I was about to take a trip out west where Spring has already sprung, I suddenly had an urge to go back to the store and buy these shoes. Naturally, they were sold out of my size in my local store, online and in every store I called (tip: when you ask a sales clerk to check inventory at other stores, sometimes they can only see stock within a certain geographic area, that's why I always call an out of state store just in case). 

Instead of giving up, I did what any neurotic woman in this digital age does. I kept googling "Jessica Simpson Dolee" in vain hope that somehow the results would change . . . and, miraculously, they did! For some reason, it took several attempts to pull them up on the DSW website, but when I finally did, I managed to locate a pair in upstate NY through the company's nationwide inventory search. So, what's the lesson in all of this? 

1) If you're a size 6.5 or 8.5, click your way to the DSW website and buy these shoes!

2) If you live in Poughkeepsie New York, run your way to the local DSW and buy these shoes!

3) If you see something you LOVE, go ahead and indulge. Trust me, I wasted SO much time looking for these shoes after the fact and time, my friend, is money.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...