Tuesday, April 21, 2009

April Showers

I have the Bus Stop theme on my Gmail where the background image changes with the weather. It is currently displaying a tower of umbrellas and has been more often than I would like it to lately. I thought this would be the perfect time to showcase my favorite rainy weather accessories meeting two important criteria: professionally stylish and easily portable.


Totes Flat Auto Open Close Folding Rain Umbrella (28.00)
Totes umbrellas are my all time favorite and I love the auto open/close function (an unfortunate childhood umbrella injury steered me away from regular umbrellas years ago). They are exceptionally well made and well worth the $28.00. This particular umbrella is also small enough to fit into most work bags or even a trench coat pocket. I have this umbrella in magenta. Brightly colored umbrellas are perfectly acceptable so long as they aren't also patterned.


Old Navy Belted Trench Coat (49.50)
A classic trench coat is a must have for any professionelle. A good trench, however, is remarkably hard to find. If you're on the taller side investing in a Burberry trench like this one is well worth the money, but for petite women I would recommend a trench from the Gap family of stores (Gap, Banana Republic, and Old Navy). Even their normal sizes work well on petite women. I'm 5'0" and my Banana Republic trench fits me better than any Burberry trench I've ever tried on.


Metropolis T-Ion Mini Dryer (59.95)
For the times you forget your umbrella and those umbrella vendors at the top of subway openings are mysteriously absent. Or when a gust of wind splashes rain into your face, eyes, and inevitably on your hair. This small hair dryer is powerful and so compact that it fits in the palm of your hand. Unless you have giant hands, or a very small purse, that should also mean that it's small enough toss in your work bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...