Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Technology Tip: Section Sign Shortcut

I often wonder who invented the keyboard and why on earth they chose to put certain keys on it and omit others. For example, why is this ({) symbol deserving of a spot on my keyboard but not this (§) symbol which I, and I would imagine, most professionelles, use with much greater frequency. But fear not, Microsoft Word allows you to assign a shortcut key for the section symbol (§) and any other symbol.



Here's how: In Word, go to Insert > Symbol. Then click on the symbol you would like to assign a shortcut key. Click the "Shortcut Key" button and in the box that says "Press new shortcut key," type what you would like for your shortcut key. For example, on my computer I typed in Ctrl + Alt + S for the section
symbol (§). Now every time I want to use the section symbol (§), I simply type Ctrl + Alt + S and voila! I would not recommend assigning Ctrl + S as your shortcut for the section symbol (§) because it is already the shortcut key for saving.



*Unlike most fashion and lifestyle blogs, Professionelle seeks to provide more than just Spring shoe trends (although I'm currently lusting after these, if only I were tall enough to wear flats). In that vein, occasional technology tips will be posted to help make your work and personal life more efficient and effective. Please email me at Professionelle.blog@gmail.com if you have any computer, internet, or blackberry tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...