Friday, May 22, 2009

Courtroom Clothing

Sarah's boyfriend shared a very interesting article with me this afternoon. It seems that the age old debate about whether conservative dress codes for women are sexist has hit the judges of the 7th Circuit.

What do you think? Should women be forced to cover up so that men don't feel uncomfortable? I personally think that dressing appropriately for work doesn't mean you need to stifle your personality (in fact, that's one of the main reasons for this blog), but come on, feminism is no excuse for showing cleavage or too much thigh in the courtroom. Women dressed inappropriately make me feel uncomfortable so why shouldn't they make a man feel uncomfortable as well? But perhaps I'm wrong, I would love to hear your thoughts and opinions on this issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...