Monday, June 13, 2011

Moda Operandi and Marc Jacobs 2012 Satchels

 

Sample sale websites are old news, but what about trunk show websites?  I have to admit, I'm intrigued.  The concept is very similar, but the big difference is that the clothes aren't on sale.  In fact, they aren't even available yet.  Moda Operandi is the first of these sites (at least the first that I'm aware of) to launch.  Membership is "exclusive," and while it takes a little more effort than signing up for Gilt Groupe, it's still pretty easy to get "in."  The site offers fresh off the runway looks that you can pre-order to be delivered in a few months.  Instead of targeting the price conscious, it's targeting the fashion forward.  I'm not sure how well this will play out in a recovering economy, but I have to admit that I'm already lusting after a few items on the site, like the two Marc Jacobs satchels shown below.  Email me at Professionelle.blog@gmail.com if you'd like an automatic invitation to the site. 

The Bowery Satchel (1295.00)

The Thompson Satchel (1250.00)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...