Wednesday, August 17, 2011

An American Professionelle in Paris

Bonsoir Professionelles!

Je suis très désolé!  I have been in France for the last two weeks and had every intention of blogging during my entire vacation.  But alas, it's my last night in Paris and I'm just getting around to writing my first post.

This has been the most incredible trip.  It began in Burgandy, for Peter and Lisa's beautiful wedding.  Next, my dear friend Yun Ah and I traveled to Provence and Nice before heading to Paris.  Unfortunately, Yun Ah had to return to work, but I was incredibly lucky to have three fantastic local hosts (Chiawen, José and Camilla) to show me the city of light.  In fact, the title of this post is inspired by Chiawen's blog, A Chinese-American in Paris.  Since I know of at least a few Professionelles who will be traveling to Paris in the next few months, and also because the French are très chic, I will be sharing with you a series of posts inspired by my trip.

It's past 1am here, and I have a flight to catch in the morning, so this first post is actually a re-post from a fabulous blog Camilla introduced me to: HiP Paris.


The above illustration is from this great post about how to pack for Spring in Paris.  It translates very well for those who are traveling to Paris in the Fall.  I generally consider myself a fairly sophisticated traveler, and for the most part, our trip has gone off without a hitch, but I really could have used this post before I left New York.  As I was planning this trip, I used travel websites like Trip Advisor and Airbnb (can't wait to use Approved by Friends for my next trip!), I consulted friends who had been to the places we were going for recommendations (thank you to the Ulterior Epicure!), but for some reason, I didn't think to check out local blogs for inspiration.  If I had done so, I would have packed at least one pair of pants and many layering options for the unpredictable and varied French weather!

With that, I'm off to bed for now.  But once I'm back stateside, I will be posting my observations about what Parisienne women wear to allow them to look so effortlessly chic, reviews of the stores Parisienne women actually shop in, whether French designer goods are really cheaper in France and why, after only two days, J'aime mon carré!

Bonne nuit Professionelles!

P.S. please excuse any mistakes in my French as I am using the ever so accurate Google Translate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...