Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Custom Salvaged Wood Dining Table

As Christina is well aware, I have been looking for the perfect dining table for over two years.  It had to be small enough to fit in a New York apartment, but big enough to seat six people for a small dinner party. I wanted it to be rustic yet elegant and it had to be sturdy but not clunky.  Needless to say, like with other areas of my life, it was hard to find something that met all of my requirements.  That is, until I stumbled upon these gorgeous custom tables by a husband and wife team at the Brooklyn Flea.  They don't have pictures of their tables on their website, but you can basically get any size table (dining, coffee, bar height etc.) that is of the style shown below.  I asked for a 54x32 dining table with legs set 17 inches wide in order to fit my ghost chairs.  I asked for wood with some flaws to give it some character.  In less than a week, my table was ready!  Prices vary, but I paid $550 for the table pictured below.  Finally!  Table success!  Now, I've just got to find the perfect black work bag...






Email John or Avian at avian@verizon.net to order your custom table.  They require 50% down for all custom orders.  If you want to check them out before ordering, you can find them on Saturdays at the Brooklyn Flea in Fort Greene.

3 comments:

  1. but what about the chairs? SO GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Can't wait for you to invite me over for a dinner party hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous, this dining table looks so great:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...