Tuesday, August 23, 2011

What the Cool Girls are Wearing

I think French girls are so cool.  They look so...effortless.  Like they rolled out of bed looking totally fabulous.  Since I spent only one week observing what Parisian women wore, I can't claim to be an expert (or even very accurate) but I noticed a few trends: leather motorcycle jackets, cross body bags and chunky ankle boots.  All of these items lean towards casual, so I thought it would be fun to interpret them in a way that could work for a Professionelle.

I love how feminine this leather jacket looks.  The cut softens the edge of the leather and the cropped length would work well for petites.

The buckles on these boots give it that biker chick look but the shape of the boot is very refined.  I would wear these with patterned black tights.

I actually saw this bag in the window of the Macy's on Nicolette Mall in Minneapolis.  Paris inspired, but found in the Midwest.

It's so hard to find a leather blazer that doesn't look outdated.  I love how modern this looks, yet it still feels classic.

Now this boot is going to take some attitude to pull off at work, and perhaps a very conservative outfit to balance the shoe.  I absolutely love navy suede for Fall.

I'm so glad Marc Jacobs finally made some Marc by Marc Jacobs bags without that awful gold plaque.  This bag makes the perfect day to night purse.

1 comment:

  1. Ah so you finally went to France, well to Paris in fact.
    And you have been seing some parisians women (although most of them were on vacations as by tradition Paris is empty or parisians during august and so much easy to enjoy).
    It it true that small handbags are the new trend and you can still find beauties in the vintage shop, but I am afraid that, because of that trend, prices will get higher and higher. I do not like trends!
    Pity you could not see parisian professionnelle, it would have been a good thing to really compare and I think it would be interesting. Next time you come? Because all professionnelle are not casual. Anyway I will be happy to discuss this further with you (and other topics as well).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...