Friday, August 26, 2011

New York vs. Paris

It's true that you always want to move to the places where you vacation.  Never before, however, had I felt such a strong urge to drop everything and move than when I was in Paris.  The feeling eventually passed, and as I've settled back into normal life, I've realized that there are so many things I'd miss about New York.  Paris and New York are both incredible cities with so much to offer their residents, yet so different in their quirks as illustrated by Vahram Muratyan in his blog Paris versus New York: a tally of two cities

Here are a few of my personal favorites:

 Whichever you prefer, make sure you keep le ticket with you at all times or you may get a fine from the SNCF.

 I think pigeons are worse.  Rats can't fly. 

Pistachio macaron vs. red velvet cupcake?  Now this is a tough one...

I'm not sure how I.M. Pei would like having his creation compared to a retail store, but they do look similar...

I've never been to the 3rd or Williamsburg, but I imagine those who have can attest to the accuracy of this image.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...